We have all had days where we wake up on the wrong side of the bed, right? You’re crabby and upset and there is no smiling in your future. What tends to happen when you feel that way? I don’t know how those days progress for you, but for myself they tend to look something like coffee on my shirt right away in the morning, forgetting where I set my phone for an hour, finding out that there was homework due that I left at home, and disagreements with my sister. Basically: when you are feeling crappy, then the world tends to be a crappy place.
What about the days when you wake up with a smile on your face and you just can’t seem to find anything wrong in the world? Typically I end up getting all my homework done with time to take a long, warm bath, I get some lunch dates planned with some friends, my new book gets read, I have time to apply for new scholarships, and I cook myself a bomb dinner. Do you see a pattern here?
Positivity. It is a science.
This whole idea is all based on The Law of Attraction which is basically the idea that whatever you choose to focus on is what you will attract into your lives. When you focus on positive thoughts, wake up with an optimistic attitude, believe that you can do anything, have the faith that God and the rest of the world has your back, your life is going to reap the benefits.
“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.” -Nikola Tesla
Basically the science behind this idea looks like this: do you remember when you learned as a child that everything is made up of atom, and that all of those atoms are vibrating at all times? Well, your science teacher was right (obviously), but the cool part is that everything is vibrating at different frequencies. As a human being, you can make the decision: am I going to vibrate at a high frequency (aka vibrate with positivity) or am I going to vibrate at a low frequency (aka act negatively and pessimistically)? Everyday you get the choice as to the vibrations that you are going to radiate, and whatever you choose to project is what you will receive.
You the have ability to use the power of positivity to design your life.
So now that you know the reasoning behind why I believe positivity is so important and powerful, what can you use it for? And how can you use it?
I think that the what is pretty obvious: By vibrating at a high frequency you can attract anything else that is vibrating at that same frequency. Like attracts like. So what is is that you want in life? Simply just a more happy and optimistic life? A new job? To find new friends? A path to becoming a rock’n’roll guitar player? The ability to meet Beyonce? To get in shape? To grow the relationship you have with your best friend or boyfriend? The opportunity to travel the world? You can have that, but you have to want it. Which is where the how comes in.
There are many elements that you need to pay attention to when it comes to the art of mastering positivity and using it to transform your life! Below I made a list (not exhausted) of some of the major tips that I have that help me in learning how to vibrate at a high frequency:
- Self-Love: Love yourself, always. You are beautiful, worthy, and amazing, and you deserve to know that. Not only that, but what is this all for if you don’t absolutely love yourself 1000000%? Seriously, you are the best you there is, so act like it. If you don’t believe that you deserve the best life ever, there is no way you can live it.
- Affirmations: These are personalized ‘quotes’ or ‘sayings’ if you will. You can create and customize these to whatever it is your goals are, and then they become almost like the theme song to your life. Repeat them when you wake up, every time you look in the mirror, when you have snacks, basically all the time! An example might be: ‘I am beautiful, I am strong, I am worthy.’ Or ‘I can do anything that I put my mind to.’ Or ‘I am already the best at (insert your dream here) and just need to practice my skills.’ This may seem cheesy, but what you say becomes what you believe and what is true.
- Creating a Dream Board: A dream board for your bedroom, the lockscreen on your phone, a list that you carry around in your purse… Have your dreams and goals in plain, visible sight and somewhere where you will see them ALL THE TIME. Nothing will push you to work harder more than literally having your goals right in front of your eyes.
- Taking Action: Of course there is a time and place to just step back and surrender to life (more on another post to come!), but many times, you need to work for it. You need to be willing to study for your test, or work for the money you need, etc in conjuction with changing your attitude and belifs.
- Paying attention to who you spend time with: Seriously. You can’t expect to hang out with negative people and not absorb that energy. The type of people you hang out with is the type of attitude that you are going to be surrounded by and therefore the type of attitude that you will start to function with. Having friends who always complain about school, work, their lack of energy… You need to find people who work hard and lift you up, the type of people that push you to live your best life. When you find those people, you will watch your attitude and views transform.
- Paying attention to what you are consuming: Again, just like the people you’re surrounded with, if you’re consuming things from social media, from print, or other information sources, you need to know that they will influence you. With the internet just seconds away from our fingers, you need a filter and to be careful about what you’re consuming. If you follow people who are negative or make you feel bad about yourself, unfollow them. If the sources you spend time on bring you down, are full of gossip, have false information, then get rid of them. You don’t owe those people anything, you need to take care of yourself first.
- Trust and believe that you’re after is already yours: If you want something to come to you, you have to believe that you can have it. You can do whatever it is that you want, but if you don’t think you’re worthy or that you deserve it, you won’t be able to obtain it. What you think is what will become your reality. If you believe it is yours, you will have an open path to receive.
- Pray: Of course, talk to God and ask him for what it is you’re looking for. Ask him for help in changing your attitude or help obtaining your dream. Remember however, that you have to take action yourself too. He isn’t going to just hand you your dream life.
Whatever you believe is what will be. You have the power to believe that this life is beautiful and full of the opportunities & tools you need to live your best life. Now you have a choice to make.
Just keep in mind that life is a journey, and so is everything within your journey. Learning to change your perspective and belief system won’t be easy but I can promise it will be more worth it than you might imagine. I still have days where I have to fight myself to smile or to be open to new ideas. Just do the absolute best you can to radiate the highest vibes that you can muster and slowly it will become easier and it will become your life.